Posting for a Family Worker (Dufferin/Bolton/Caledon)
( 1 Full time permanent position)
The Canadian Mental Health Association, Peel Dufferin Branch is hiring for the position of Family Worker to provide individual and group interventions to the clients and families in the care collaborative region of Dufferin County, Bolton and Caledon. This role will also provide consultation to front-line staff providing basic family support and education. The incumbent will be a champion for family and systemic work within CMHA Peel Dufferin.
We are looking for a clinician with a strong track record of supporting and providing high quality services to families who have a member with mental health issues. Some services will be provided to families in their homes and some office based .The candidate will enjoy working collaboratively with others, both internal and external to CMHA, in developing family approaches. This is a full time permanent position of 37.5 hours per week, reporting to the Manager – Dufferin /Bolton/Caledon care Collaborative Team, located in Orangeville.
Salary Range for this position is $58,600-$66,100 per year
As a member of the multi-disciplinary Care Collaborative team, the Family Worker will provide individual, family and group intervention, as well as consultation to front-line staff in delivering services to families, in the Dufferin County and Caledon area. The Family Worker will help contribute to the delivery of a positive family-focused approach within CMHA Peel Dufferin.
1. To participate as a member of the multi-disciplinary team to provide family interventions.
2. Provide both group and brief counseling to families in 6-8 sessions.
3. To work with internal and external resources to provide appropriate referrals and supports.
4. Provide individual and group educational opportunities to assist family members/caregivers in learning about mental health and addiction issues and effective coping strategies to support healthy families
5. Consultation with staff and their roles and responsibilities in providing family informed care .i.e crisis planning and consent processes
6. Support staff to provide basic information and support to identified family members/caregivers in Dufferin county and Caledon.
7. Act as a coach and champion of a family systems approach to work with clients, identifying and integrating best practices for family support into programming, thereby fostering the delivery of a positive family-focused approach
8. Attending and actively participating in relevant team meetings and other client-related meetings and program meetings
9. Maintaining appropriate record-keeping/documentation, statistical and outcome measurement tools as required by CMHA Peel Dufferin policies and procedures
10. Working effectively and collaboratively with teams and committees, internal and external to CMHA Peel Dufferin.
Skills and Qualifications:
1. MSW and RSW is required OR related and relevant degree/certification
2. Must possess a Registered Health Professional designation.
3. Personal or family experience with a mental health issue
4. Minimum of 2 years of family counselling experience
5. Experience and training to provide counselling interventions such as Solution Focused or Narrative Brief Therapy
6. Experience providing training is an asset, as is experience creating new programs
7. Familiarity with approaches to family work (Mental health Commission of Canada –Caregiver Guidelines) is required.
8. Ability to develop and deliver services that are sensitive to cultural diversity and are LGBQT positive.
9. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with others
10. Working knowledge and understanding of the Recovery Model
11. Excellent oral and written communication, organizational and problem solving skills
12. Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
13. Proficient computer skills including MS word, Internet and e-mail
14. Knowledge of French or any other second language is an asset
15. A Satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Criminal Records check, valid “G” Driver’s license, relevant insurance and use of own vehicle is required
CMHA/Peel provides a supportive work environment with a competitive salary, generous professional development opportunities, excellent benefits and an emphasis on work-life balance. For a list of our Total Rewards, please visit the Careers page on our website. www.cmhapeel.ca
Qualified applicants may send their resume to Human Resources by:
CMHA Peel Dufferin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CMHA Peel Dufferin will make every effort to accommodate any needs of candidates under the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please inform us if you require any accommodation through the hiring process.