Posting for a Family Worker (ACT/EPI)
(1 Full time permanent position)
The Canadian Mental Health Association, Peel Dufferin Branch is hiring for the position of Family Worker to provide individual and group interventions to the clients and families of the Assertive Community Treatment Team (ACTT) and the Early Psychosis Intervention (EPI) team. This role will also provide consultation to front-line staff providing basic family support and education. The incumbent will be a champion for family and systemic work within CMHA/Peel.
We are looking for a clinician with a strong track record of supporting and providing high quality services to families who have a member with mental health issues. Some services will be provided to families in their homes and some office based .The candidate will enjoy working collaboratively with others, both internal and external to CMHA, in developing family approaches. This is a full time permanent position of 37.5 hours per week, reporting to the Manager -ACT & EPI), located at 60 West Drive, Brampton. Weekly evening work is required and occasional weekend work may be needed.
As a member of ACTT and EPI, you will provide family interventions including counselling, psycho-educational sessions, crisis planning and system navigation. You will also be required to provide training and consultation to front-line staff in delivering services to families. You will be responsible for planning, developing and implementing appropriate group programs for ACT and EPI families. Through innovative methods, you will help contribute to the delivery of a positive family-focused approach within CMHA Peel Dufferin. Familiarity with approaches to family work (Mental health Commission of Canada –Caregiver Guidelines) is expected. Ability to develop and deliver services that are sensitive to cultural diversity and are LGBQT positive.
Salary Range for this position is $58,600-$66,100 per year
Skills and Qualifications
1) Master’s degree in Social Work (MSW) and Registered Social Worker (RSW) designation is required.
2) Minimum of 2 years of experience supporting families, including demonstrated family intervention skills.
3) Experience providing training or coaching is an asset, as is experience helping to create new programming
4) Strong group facilitation skills are required.
5) Familiarity with approaches to family work (Mental health Commission of Canada –Caregiver Guidelines)
6) Demonstrated cultural competence and the ability to support a diverse workforce are essential.
7) Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with others
8) Working knowledge and understanding of the Recovery Model
9) Excellent oral and written communication, organizational and problem solving skills
10) Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
11) Proficient computer skills including MS word, Internet and e-mail
12) Knowledge of French or any other second language is an asset
13) A Satisfactory Criminal Records check, valid “G” Driver’s license, relevant insurance and use of own vehicle is required
14) Ability to work some evenings and occasional weekends is required.
CMHA/Peel provides a supportive work environment with a competitive salary, generous professional development opportunities, excellent benefits and an emphasis on work-life balance. For a list of our Total Rewards, please visit the Careers page on our website. www.cmhapeel.ca
Qualified applicants may send their resume to Human Resources by:
CMHA Peel Dufferin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CMHA Peel Dufferin will make every effort to accommodate any needs of candidates under the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act . Please inform us if you require any accommodation through the hiring process.