Posting for Program Assistant, Crisis Services
(8 month maternity leave contract)
The Canadian Mental Health Association Peel Dufferin Branch (CMHA Peel Dufferin) is pleased to announce that we are currently recruiting for the contract position of Program Assistant – Crisis Services.
We are looking for a personable, detail-oriented administrative professional that has exceptional organizational skills. The Program Assistant will support the Crisis Services Team, which is a multi-disciplinary team of Regulated Health Professionals. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who enjoys working with professionals in the health care sector and being an integral member of the team.
This is an 8 month contract position to cover a maternity leave; (Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week). The position is based in Brampton and reports to the Program Manager, Crisis Services.
Salary range for the position is: $32,100 - $42,100 per year
1. Acts as a liaison between the Program Manager and staff to ensure appropriate coordination and follow-up on day-to-day issues.
2. Manages confidential information in their capacity as Administrative Assistant to Management.
3. Manages and maintains the Program staff and Manager’s work schedule, including 24/7 shift schedule
4. Plans and schedules meetings, trainings using MS-Outlook Calendar to its fullest capacity for the program staff and manager
5. Organizes and maintains electronic and paper filing systems
6. Creates, revises and improves systems and procedures by reviewing operating practices, record keeping systems and forms; Implements changes as approved by Manager.
7. Work collaboratively with the other program admin of the team
8. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Manager.
9. Supports the Manager in the Agency’s financial and HR administration processes as required.
10. Prepares Purchase Orders, Quote sheets and reconciles with invoices, ensuring appropriate follow up with Finance and Accounts Payables departments.
11. Follows up on monthly timesheets and expense procedures for Program staff, as per Agency Policy.
12. Book meetings as directed, organize space, equipment and logistics, prepare agendas, record and distribute accurate minutes and action items as per Agency templates.
13. Co-ordinate and organize events such as trainings and team days, including catering and logistics.
14. Maintains supply inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, ordering supplies as needed, verifying receipt of supplies.
15. Serve as backup reception coverage, as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
CMHA/Peel Dufferin provides a supportive work environment with a competitive salary, generous training opportunities, excellent benefits and an emphasis on work-life balance. For a list of our Total Rewards, please visit the Careers page on our website. www.cmhapeeldufferin.ca
Qualified applicants may send their resume and cover letter in one document to Human Resources by clicking on the link below:
CMHA Peel Dufferin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CMHA Peel Dufferin will make every effort to accommodate any needs of candidates through the hiring process, under the AODA and Ontario Human rights Code. Please inform us if you require any accommodation through the hiring process.